Monday, October 31, 2011

Revlon Blue Lagoon Gradient

This is my first time trying a gradient of colors on one nail, and I think I could use some practice making it look more blended, but I still like it. :)


I started this by putting on two coats of Revlon Blue Lagoon. I added a coat of Seche Vite before I sponged on my other colors, so that it would dry faster.

Revlon Blue Lagoon

To sponge on the colors, I used a makeup sponge and actually cut it in half so that the width would be closer to the size of my nail. I made less of a mess on my skin this way and I used a new sponge for each color.


I put some polish down on my palette and dipped my sponge into it, dabbing it until there was a pretty even amount on the sponge. Then I started to dab it onto my nail, and I took the color about 3/4 of the way down with my first color - not going as far down for each of the following colors. The following pictures are in the order that I applied the colors, and the polish I used under each picture.

Ulta Bam-Blue-Zled

Zoya Crystal

Jesse's Girl Glee

Sinful Colors Midnight Blue

To smooth everything out, I added a coat of Seche Vite. Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely tutorial .

    I am following your blog and it would be great if you like back my blog .
    ღღღRabi Makeup Glitzღღღ

    ReplyDelete