Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tropical Sponged Sunset Gradient

 
I did today's mani off of an idea I saw on Pinterest. I have seen plenty of these types of sunset colored gradients before, but this particular idea was the one I had in mind when I did this. 
 
To do this mani I used a sponging technique which I have shown before - where you paint the colors all onto the flat edge of a make-up sponge and bounce it up and down on your entire nail - kind of like it's a stamp. You can see my previous post where I have picture of this technique (a bit messy - but worth it!). First I put down two coats of China Glaze Sun-Kissed over all of my nails, with a coat of Seche Vite on top. I have gotten quite a bit of use out of Sun-Kissed! I love the shimmer in it, it makes such a bright highlighter yellow neon not so harsh. It has to be my favorite yellow right now!
 
After my nails were dry, I painted China Glaze Sun-Kissed, China Glaze Sun Worshiper, then Orly Melt Your Popsicle onto the makeup sponge and sponged it onto my nail. I used a different sponge for each nail because the sponge starts to deteriorate and leave little pieces behind if you try and use it too much. On my ring finger I used Konad Special Polish in Black, and used the palm tree from Salon Express stamping kit (no plate number). I sealed everything in with Seche Vite. For some reason my pictures didn't capture Sun Worshiper (the middle color) very well in these photos... it's more obvious in person and the entire mani is much brighter. I really thought this mani was a fun way to say farewell to the Summer - Fall will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment