Monday, May 14, 2012

China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy Gradient


Today I have a really fun gradient. I have done sponge gradients before, but I saw a new technique on Wacky Laki so I had to try it. She also gave a link to a video about the technique that Layniefingers posted. To do this mani I started with three coats of China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, with a coat of Seche Vite on top, below. This picture doesn't do this polish any justice! It's a beautiful bright pink neon... and it barely looks neon at all in my pictures! Lame.


To do the sponging technique I mentioned, I used three colors and painted them directly on the edge of the sponge. I used China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy, Color Club Warhol and Milani Cool Vibe. As you can see in the below pictures, I painted 3 stripes that touched each other onto the sponge. I put it on fairly thick because the first line or two will soak right into the sponge. Then I put it over the nail and bounced it up and down until I got the desired look.



As you can see it made quite a mess! I repeated this on each of my nails, using a new sponge each time. Then I followed it with Seche Vite top coat. The pictures don't really show off how bright this mani was. It was bright neon and it practically was glowing in the sun. It was also a much more subtle gradient then the way my pictures seemed to want to capture it... I really loved it! It's a fun technique to try and it would be great for lots of different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment