Monday, October 22, 2012

Green Halloween Stitches

I've got another Halloween design for you today! I saw this idea on Pinterest and it seemed like a pretty simple and fun mani to try out. Plus, I got to use lots of green which is always a plus for me! It reminds me of Frankenstein or Nightmare Before Christmas.


To do this mani I first painted my index and ring finger with two coats of China Glaze Electric Pineapple, and my thumb, middle and pink with two coats of OPI Stranger Tides. Then I painted alternating sections of each of the nails with China Glaze In The Lime Light. I didn't use tape to line these up because I was painting black lines to disguise the uneven paint job. Before painting the black lines I put on a coat of China Glaze Ghoulish Glow, their glow-in-the-dark polish. I was hoping it would look really cool, but it barely showed up.... see below *sigh*. The bottle was glowing like crazy, but I could hardly get it to show up on my nails. It may have worked better with several coats? I'm not sure, but I was rather bummed about it.

 

I used a Finger Paints nail art striper in Ch-Art-Coal Black to draw on the black stiches, then I topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite. Thanks for looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment