Sunday, February 5, 2012

Galaxy Nails

Wow it's been a long time since I've posted! I just don't seem to have much free time lately, and when I do - I am feeling too lazy to blog! I still have been doing my nails several times a week, just not taking the effort to blog about them. However, I am very excited about this design I did a few weeks ago. I saw this galaxy design on youtube, by cutepolish. She does some seriously adorable nail tutorials, several which I have tried out before. I will show you step by step what colors I used, but you can watch her tutorial for even more detail.


I started with two coats of Orly Goth. I think you could get away with plain black polish, but I wanted to go with something a little glittery. This is a very pretty polish.


Next, I took a small piece of a make up sponge, picked it up with a tweezers and sponged on the following colors in order, Sally Hansen White On, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Sinful Colors Soul Mate and Sinful Colors Midnight Blue.





After I sponged all of my colors, I used a small dotting tool with Sally Hansen White On and added some little dots to look like some stars.


Then, I added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust for some sparkle - and sealed it in with Seche Vite. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. I can't get over how the Fairy Dust ties it all together - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree! I felt like I was messing them up until the Fairy Dust went on! It totally changes the look of it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I totally agree that fairy dust brings it to another level!

    ReplyDelete