Monday, February 6, 2012

China Glaze For Audrey Feather Mani

I have used feathers on my nails before, here, but this time I wanted to pair it with blue, an idea I saw in a Japanese nail magazine that my friend Debby let me borrow.


To do this mani I started with two coats of China Glaze For Audrey, below.


Then, to add some shimmer I added one coat of China Glaze White Cap.


Then, I cut the same feathers that I used in my previous feather mani, and laid them down on my wet nail after putting a coat of Seche Vite on. I pressed it down using an orange stick and trimmed off the extra feathers that hung over the edge of my nail with a pair of nail clippers. Then I added a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on top of the feather on my ring finger to add some sparkle. While that was wet I added two rhinestones, one light blue and one silver, and sealed every nail with Seche Vite. The edges of my nail with the feathers were a little rough and not perfectly trimmed down, so I used a nail file to smooth the edges. I was surprised at how well it tied in with the blue, considering I used a tan, Essie Case Study, the last time and it seemed like the perfect color then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment