Friday, February 17, 2012

Misa Grey Matters & China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise Stamp


To do this mani I used two coats of Misa Grey Matters on my index, middle and pinky. On my thumb and ring finger I used two coats of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise. Below is a picture of these two colors before I used my stamp.


First of all, I wanted to say how much I LOVE Grey Matters - it's such a nice color! It's a warm grey and with darker flecks in it. I don't know if it's all that obvious in these pictures but I haven't seen anything quite like it. It kind of reminds me of wet sand, except grey instead of tan, lol. You may know what I am talking about... if you have ever looked closely at sand it has darker flecks in it?? It had really nice coverage and I could have probably gotten away with one neat coat. Turned Up Turquoise on the other hand is really thin and the first coat was very streaky, two coats evened it out fairly well though. It doesn't look anything like this in real life though. It photographed very blue, when it's really bright and pretty turquoise, a lot more green than it shows up here. Also, this has Seche Vite on top, it dries with a slightly matte finish.

To stamp, I used the Bundle Monster plate BM-222. I stamped with Milani Neon Fresh Teal on top of Grey Matters, and then on top of Turned Up Turquoise I stamped with Sally Hansen Wet Cement. I used these just to give a little more of a contrast with the stamp. I sealed everything in with Seche Vite.


PS - Do you noticed how my polish looks wrinkled on my index finger? This happened AFTER I put on Seche Vite but I have never had this happen before... so odd! It is smooth to the touch, it's almost as if Grey Matters wrinkled up slightly underneath the top coat as it dried? hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment