Thursday, March 8, 2012

China Glaze Magnetix Cling On & China Glaze It's Alive


I actually bought quite a few of the new magnetic polish from China Glaze Magnetix Collection, but haven't used any yet. If you are not familiar with magnetic polish yet, I did a post about Layla and Nails Inc. magnetic polish a little while back, comparing the two - here.  On my index, middle and pinky I used two coats of one of the new magnetic polishes China Glaze Cling On. I managed to get a jumbo smudge on my index finger before I took pictures :-/ ... On my thumb and ring finger I used two coats of China Glaze It's Alive, with a coat of Seche Vite on top. It's Alive is from the Haunting Collection, from this past Halloween.

I also wanted to mention what I thought about the China Glaze Magnetix compared to the other two brands of magnetic polish that I own. For Layla and Nails Inc. I feel as though I had to hold the magnet a lot longer (10-15 seconds), because if you only hold it for a few seconds the polish wants to merge back and the stripes don't show up as distinct. For the China Glaze magnetic polish, I felt like after just 5 seconds the stripes were complete and didn't move back. I did feel as though the polish was a bit shear, and holding the magnetic over it too long made some of the parts separate and look very thin. Having said that, it's one of the more affordable magnetic polishes and I like that China Glaze made a nice variety of colors in their collection.


2 comments:

  1. ahhh I love this! Going to try today :) it's a great way to get 2 untrieds out of their drawer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were two lonely untrieds for me too! I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete