Tuesday, May 22, 2012

China Glaze Celtic Sun and Color Club Warhol Tape Mani

Today's mani was my first time using my striping tape. I have seen these mani's in every color and pattern... and I usually will tell you where I got my inspiration, but I honestly don't know the first place I saw this idea! I started with my left hand, which I normally photograph, and made a bit of a mess... but I got much better at the technique when I moved along to my right hand. Either way, here are the pics!


To do this mani, I started with three coats of China Glaze Celtic Sun, below, with a coat of Seche Vite on top. This color was really shear, and even after three coats I could still some streaks. It's not showing up very bright in these pictures, but it really is a bright highlighter yellow.


I wish I had taken a picture of the next step, but I forgot! After this was dry, I laid down 4 stripes of metallic striping tape that I had ordered for a few dollars on Ebay, then painted a coat of Color Club Warhol over it. While that was still wet, I peeled off the tape, and added a coat of Seche Vite on top.


Here is a picture of my right hand, the lines on the accent nails are much cleaner! I just can't quite pose this guy properly though, lol. Thanks for looking!


Ps - I just tried a free online program to add these watermarks, it doesn't give you many placement options. It's a work in progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment