Thursday, May 24, 2012

Orly Flash Glam FX Mermaid Tale on China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

Hello! Today I have the other polish I purchased from the Orly Flash Glam FX Collection, Mermaid Tale. I posted about this collection few days ago when I wore Sashay My Way. Since there was some interest in the collection I thought it would be good to try out this one! I love it!

Sunlight

To do this mani, I started with two coats of China Glaze Smoke and Ashes, below, from their Hunger Games Collection. I have posted about a few of the other polishes in this collection - here and here. I was in love with the application on this polish - I think I could have gotten away with one coat for sure, two coats is just habit I guess! This polish has specks of blue in it, a few other colors are noticeable in the bottle, but don't really seem to translate on the nail.

Indoor

Then, on the top half of the nail I painted some uneven tips of Orly Mermaid Tale. Then I went and added a little more glitter just to the top fourth of my nail, to give it a more gradual look. Then I put a coat of Seche Vite on top. I really love how this glitter looks over black, I tried layering it over some other colors on my nail wheels, but it just stood out so much better over black. Putting it on Smoke and Ashes was nice because it brought out the little blue/green flecks in the black!

Indoor

Sunlight



1 comment: