Thursday, November 17, 2011

Orly Coffee Break Beach-y Nails :)

I am not sure how these nails ended up as a beach theme! I started by wanting to use my new Orly Coffee Break, and then decided maybe I would use a stamp on it... and then I found my cutie lobster stamp... and it spiraled from there! Maybe not season appropriate, but still cute!


To do this mani I started with two coats of Orly Coffee Break (below), with a coat of Seche Vite on top. I think this color is really pretty, and I suppose it does look a bit like a coffee loaded with some creamer! This polish was a little on the thin side, so it had a tendency to puddle in my cuticles if I wasn't careful. It still had good coverage though. 


Then I wanted to make it look a little bit like sand, so I used a make up sponge, using the same technique I described here, and lightly sponged on some Ulta Taupe on a Rope. In hindsight I wish I had also sponged a lighter color on it to make it look even more like sand.


Then after this dried, I used a Konad knock off plate that I ordered in a bundle on ebay, Plate B88, and stamped my little lobster on my ring finger using Essie One of a Kind. I used the same plate and stamped two sets of the feet on my thumb using Sinful Colors Rich in Heart. I am a little bummed because I thought I would give my Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat some love, and when I started to paint it on my thumb, it smeared my feet! Ugh. So I promptly put down the bottle and finished with Seche Vite. This is just another reason I love Seche Vite, besides a ton of reasons I don't need to ramble about now, it is GREAT for nail art. I have never had it smear a design for me. EVER. I love my Seche Vite....love love love.


Look at that cutie lobster!! I love him!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't have to wait all the way until next year to use that Lobster! I know how you feel about him. :D

    ReplyDelete